Hearts of Iron IV
takes a step forward with today's release of No Step
, a new expansion that takes the World War II strategy game into the
Eastern Front. This is available everywhere the original game is sold. Speaking
of which: "Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back is accompanied by a major free update
for all Hearts of Iron IV players, including new supply and logistics systems as
well as many quality of life changes." Put on an extra pair of socks and check
out the chilly
. Here's word:
The centrepiece of the expansion is the
massive National Focus tree for the Soviet Union, offering a wide range of new
options, from reinstalling the Romanovs to embracing a more open democratic
regime, as well as the option to keep the strong hand of the Communist Party in
control of a nation fighting for its life.
The features for Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back include:
- New Soviet National Focuses: Communist Soviet rulers must also
deal with a government system full of distrust and betrayal but players can
lift up party opposition to the powerful leader, or even pursue a
reactionary path of restored monarchy.
- New Polish National Focuses: Write a new history of Poland, with
options to reform the government, entrench the military rulers, or strike a
deal with the devil, becoming subservient to a powerful neighbor - waiting
for the right time to strike.
- New Baltic National Focuses: Shared alternate history paths for
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, as well as unique paths for each.
- Army Officer Corps: Build a general staff, drawing on the talents
and expertise of available officers to take advantage of changes in
technology and tactics.
- Army Spirits: Emphasize certain characteristics of your military
arms, adding general bonuses to certain units types or even aiding division
- Supply System Updates: Scorched Earth tactics, floating harbors
and special supply units added to the logistics system.
- Tank Designer: Design your own armored force using modules
prioritizing speed, gun power, armor or even production cost.
- Railway Guns: Commission the grandest, most prestigious of
artillery pieces, uniquely designed to deal with entrenched foes, and