Balsa Model Flight Simulator
has taken off into Early Access
for Windows, offering a 10% launch discount for the coming week.
This is the brainchild of Felipe "HarvesteR" Falanghe, who first helped us
struggle with the gravity of the situation as creator and lead designer of
Kerbal Space Program
. Here's a
showing off the incredible lightness of being balsa. Here are
Balsa is a detailed Model Flight Simulator with a powerful
editor where you can design, build, fly and battle with model aircraft.
Created by Felipe "HarvesteR" Falanghe, the original Lead Developer of Kerbal
Space Program, Balsa takes the next step in player-built flight simulation
games, delivering an entirely new, multi-genre experience for virtual pilots of
all skill levels.
- In-game Vehicle Editor - Build anything you can imagine using parts that
snap together in a hands-on, intuitive way.
- Paint and Customize your designs - Balsa’s Vehicle Editor allows you to
not only build but also paint and apply decals to your vehicles to make them
completely your own.
- Advanced Physics-Based Flight Model - Every design decision counts, as
Balsa's aerodynamics account for even the tiniest changes to your model's
- Singleplayer Career mode - Tackle a range of challenges and build up
your reputation as the greatest RC pilot ever!
- Free-Flight Sandbox mode where you can hone your skills, tweak your
designs, or just enjoy the experience of flying.
Paintball Combat - Create and take your aerial combat machine up against
other players and AI in model-scale paintball dogfights.
Multiple Game Modes - Test your flying skills across a variety of different
game modes including Racing, Combat, Precision Flying, and a lot more.
- Moddable to Extremes - Balsa was designed from the ground up to support
modding. Players are able to add custom content to everything from new
planes and parts to maps and modes.
- Steam Workshop Enabled - Share your designs, missions and mods in the
Steam Workshop, and subscribe to an endlessly-expanding collection of
- Fully supported multiplayer, for up to 16 virtual pilots.
- A fully featured Scenario Editor - Create your own Missions and Game
Modes using a powerful module-based gameplay logic system.