is now in Early Access
offering a card-based roguelite for Windows and macOS. While card mechanics are
now commonplace in such games, the unusual twist here is the use of playing
cards. The game has been undergoing beta testing, and Playsaurus is moving it
along to the next stage of development. Here's an
Early Access Trailer
and here's the deal:
Poker Quest is a new roguelike card battler where you progress through
a world full of monsters, using a standard deck of playing cards (like
the "Queen of Spades") with magical properties to activate your gear in
combat. The game offers a wide variety of playable heroes, each specializing
in different strategies that change the way you play.
Choose your hero, and march forward through a diverse, procedurally
generated, high-fantasy world. Each of the 15 playable heroes comes
with unique gear and abilities, providing many different play styles. In
combat, bigger and better hands trigger stronger abilities. Discover hundreds of
equips, events, abilities, and monsters.
- A deep and interesting fantasy world full of Castles, Knights,
Wizards, and Dragons. And Playing cards!
- 15 unique heroes with different play styles. And many more to
- Daily Runs with global stats. See what everyone else did!
- Challenge runs with game-changing modifiers.
- Mini-games. Casinos!
- Hundreds of monsters and thousands of items await you in each
- Choose whether to play with or without permanent upgrades. (“roguelite”
vs. “roguelike” modes).