The Chivalry 2
crossplay beta is now underway, as publisher Tripwire
Interactive and developer Torn Banner Studios iron out the ability to do combat
between platforms in the melee combat sequel. The Windows client can be
downloaded through the
Epic Games Store
Here's more on the testing:
Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta content and
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the
boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the
battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- The Slaughter of Coxwell (New Team Objective Map): The Mason
Order seeks to make a brutal example of the peaceful village of Coxwell
after it declared support for Argon II. Burn the village, breach the gate,
steal the gold, and kill the soldiers.
- The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map): Agathian
forces lie in wait, ready to ambush the Mason army that marches forth to
kill the Duke of Fogbern Keep. Destroy the barricade, push the convoy,
capture and hold the gatehouse, and kill the Duke.
- The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective Map): After weeks of siege,
Agathian forces begin a final assault upon a Mason stronghold defended by
the Mason heir. Push the siege towers, capture and hold the gatehouse, burn
the tents, push the siege ramps, capture and hold the courtyard, and take
down the heir to achieve victory.
- The Battle of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): The armies
of the Mason Order and Agathian Knights meet in an evenly matched open field
- Tournament Grounds (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): Elite warriors of
the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and adoration
of the crowd.
- Free-for-All (New Game Mode): It’s you versus everyone else in
this chaotic free-for-all frenzy appearing for the first time in the
Cross-Play Open Beta.
- Full Customization (New for Open Beta): Customize your in-game
appearance and unlock a wide variety of cosmetic options as you earn
experience with each of the game’s four base classes and 12 sub-classes.
- Duel Servers (New for Open Beta): Available for PC only, players
can choose to enter special servers set up for players looking to hone their
1-on-1 dueling skills with other players. Participants are asked to abide by
the honor system and respect players aiming to focus on 1-on-1 duels.
- 64/40 Player Server Options (New for Open Beta): Experience the
chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of
battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players
designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards”
from Game of Thrones. For players interested in more strategic battles
requiring more communication and teamwork, options to join 40-player servers
for Team Objective mode will also be available.
- Same Platform Parties (New for Open Beta): Players can now group
up and form a party on the same platform before joining a Cross-Play match.