For those who aspire to be a god, rather than kill one, indie developer Maxim Karpenko announces Worldbox
, a sandbox god simulator
coming to Early Access
by the end of this year. If your urge to play god is especially
strong, you can currently buy the alpha version
directly from the developer
game allows you to build your world, populate it with life, and smite everything
with a variety of destructive powers when you are displeased (or bored). You can
get a look in
and read on for more:
In Worldbox you can build your own
world and fill it with life. Create different creatures: sheep, wolves, humans,
orcs, dwarves, and even Dragons or UFO! Watch how civilizations progress and
interact with each other; or you can use your powers to destroy. Start fires,
tornadoes, earthquakes, launch meteorites -- everything is up to you!
Create your own world or destroy it using different powers:
- God Simulator. There are a lot of powers in your toolbox that can be
used without mana or resources.
- Living world. Creatures have traits and needs. Animals will look for
food. Greedy kings will try to get more lands.
Use different tools and brushes to design and populate your world:
- Fantasy Races. There are 4 civilized races in WorldBox. Humans, orcs,
elves and dwarves. Each with its own design and specific race traits.
- Civilizations. Races will form kingdoms, colonize new lands and will
sail to far continents that you'll create.
- Diplomacy system. Kingdoms will fight with each other. Towns will rebel.
Empires will fall. It's your choice to help or watch them fight.
Many fun and crazy abilities that you can use:
- Destruction powers. Lightning, tornadoes, acid rain, nukes, meteorites,
plague, dragons and even UFOs.
- Different creatures. Demons, skeletons, zombies, tumors, cold ones,
dragons, UFOs and even a giant Crabzilla that you can control yourself!
Interact with your world and create various scenarios:
- Interact. Interact with your world with the divine magnet. Use your
powers to start wars or create huge tornadoes! You can affect the world in
- Share your maps. Show your creations to other players of the WorldBox
- Procedural Generation. Generate worlds of different sizes and find
kingdoms with unique flags and names.