Captains of the Wacky Waters
is a seafaring roguelike in the works at Ceiling
Games for release
in the first half of next year. The
shows off some of the game's titular wackiness. What follows
is the first feature list we can recall listing "good vibes" as one of a games
Captains of the Wacky Waters is a fast-paced boat roguelike
where ships drift and krakens wear moustaches!
Back in the day, helping ghosts get to Heaven was an easy task, but someone
wiped out the peace in the Wacky Waters and now all the captains have to learn
to defend themselves and their crew. At least until the old days return.
Combine the strength of your rowers and the wind force to navigate around the
procedurally generated zones, gradually improving your ship and finding powerful
configurations that will help you in combat.
- Every playthrough is different, allowing a lot of replayability.
- Good vibes roguelike with loads of wackiness and weirdness.
- Unlock new playable captains after defeating them. Each ship has
different features and a special ability to play with.
- Save cute little ghosts that will join the crew taking one out of the 6
different roles to help you in your journey.
- Use many weapons to shoot and slash your enemies, including a cannonball
shotgun, a boats cannon, or a giant hammer.
- Lots of gadgets and upgrades. These are curious and diverse items with
different functions to upgrade and configure your ship, from a medieval
spear to a pair of giant incognito glasses for your boat.
- Navigate different zones with unique gameplay styles and aesthetics,
which will become more and more strange.
- Many, many hats! Every living thing in the game wears its own type of