Greensky Games announces SWARM
, an arcade grappling shooter for virtual
reality coming this spring to Oculus Quest and Rift. The company likens this to being "Spider-Man with a gun in VR." You can see that gameplay and the game's
stylized cel shaded graphics in a series of videos which are posted as gifs for
some reason. Here's
Swarm Clip 1
Swarm Clip 4
Swarm Clip 6
and Swarm Clip 7
more on the game and how to take part in an Early Access
SWARM seamlessly blends FPS and Spider-Man-like grappling in
quick, adrenaline-fueled sessions. Players will swing around beautiful arenas
while battling cunning enemies with their dual-wielding pistols. Surviving and
defeating the onslaught of insectoids will require serious strategy, carefully
aimed grapples, and quick shots. The most powerful weapons are scattered
throughout the brightly colored arenas and allow players to plan tactical
volleys, just like in classic arcade shooters.
The world of SWARM is spread across 21 levels and 5 dynamic zones. With a focus
on quick sessions, players can zoom through 10-20 minute matches. Featuring a
competitive global leaderboard, and a very high skill ceiling, SWARM will
certainly provide many hours of replayability. Players looking for an early peek
at SWARM can enter the early access giveaway
here and join
the official Discord to stay up to date on future giveaways.
SWARM will be coming to Oculus Quest and Rift this spring with cross-buy
support. The vibrant and intense world of SWARM will also be coming to Steam in
early summer. For more information on SWARM visit the official site here. To
request a review copy please email the contact below.
Key features include:
- Swing around beautiful cel-shaded worlds and feel like Spiderman, with a
- A modern FPS with classic arcade shooter spirit, intense, physical,
- Build up momentum and swing at just the right time - then rain down
death from above.
- Face off against cunning enemies which will require strategy to defeat.
- Never stop moving with 360-degree action in quick 10-20 minute sessions.
- Competitive global leaderboards with 21 dynamic levels spread across 5