Blindflug Studios announces First Strike Classic
will come on March 10th,
as a remastered second strike for its nuclear warfare strategy game for Windows,
macOS, Android, and iOS. The refreshed and optimized edition completely revamps
the game's AI and includes a reworked user interface. It will replace the
versions of the game on
, the Google Play Store, and the Apple App Store, and will be a free
upgrade for previous owners. Word is this will serve as a new platform for
future expansions, the first of which is expected this summer. Here's
and an outline of all that's new and different:
years, the First Strike fan community has requested new content. This remastered
version of the game will now serve as the base for future content updates. Those
expansions are exclusive to the free version of the game, which are planned to
start rolling out in summer 2021.
First Strike: Classic Features:
- Twelve playable nuclear superpowers - You decide which real-world
superpower you play, from the USA to Russia, China or North Korea.
- Devastating superweapons - Build twelve technologically advanced
rockets, from Tridents to the TSAR, unique to each nation.
- Build rockets and missiles, conquer territories and research new
devastating nuclear technologies.
- Control the world - shoot and defend against nuclear rockets on a 3D
Improvements of the remaster:
- First Strike's classic fast-paced strategy gameplay - completely
- New artificial intelligence with new behaviors
- Refreshed graphical user interface
- Social Hub for the fan community
- Update serves as base for future expansions, planned for summer 2021