At its core, Unlocktober is an entire month of fundraising to support The AbleGamers Charity in unlocking opportunities and enabling play for people with disabilities. Streamers and content creators can get involved by hosting their own fundraising initiatives and setting up a donation page at www.soeveryonecangame.com. Creators that raise over $500 during their campaign are eligible for an exclusive AbleGamers fundraising hoodie!
“For your 40th birthday you’re supposed to do something big; to me, nothing is bigger than ensuring that everyone has the ability to play games and be a part of an inclusive, welcoming community,” Steven explains. “It’s been an uphill battle getting the game industry to take accessibility seriously, blazing a path alongside the most passionate advocates in the industry. In the end, all I want is to guarantee when time runs out on the invisible clock ticking above my head that others will be able to pick up where I left off.”
How Creators Can Fundraise During Unlocktober
Creators can get themselves and their communities involved in Unlocktober by doing the following:
- Register to fundraise for the AbleGamers 2020 fundraising campaign on Tiltify
- Plan your event! Looking for suggestions on how to start? Here’s a great resource from Twitch’s Director of Charity Partnerships
- Set up Tiltify features like plugins and alerts (Resources link)
- Optional, but fun: tag @AbleGamers in your social posts sharing the event
- Have fun fundraising with your community!
Additionally, Humble Bundle partners that would like to support the organization can do so by selecting AbleGamers as their charity of choice in the Partner Dashboard, found here: https://www.humblebundle.com/partner.