Publisher Graffiti Games and developer Guin Entertainment announce an October
8th release date for Adventures of Chris
, their platformer for Windows,
macOS, and Linux via
as well as for Switch. In this you play as an unlikely superhero in action
inspired by 90s cartoons, as shown in this
Coming Soon Trailer
. Here's more on what this brings to the party:
of Chris is a ‘90s-inspired adventure platformer where you help a chubby
underdog kid with wacky superpowers battle bizarre villains, unlock and
customize special moves and spells, and save the world. After getting kidnapped
and turned into a balloon by cartoon villains, you’ll escape and learn a bevy of
skills such as how to throw lightning and bounce around like a basketball. Using
these skills and more you’ll transform Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate
hero, defeating the forces of villainy and making it home in time for dessert.
“Adventures of Chris is a totally normal story about the adventures I went on as
a nerdy, chubby kid back in 1995,” said Chris Guin, CEO of Guin Entertainment.
“It has a neat story with lots of humor that I think gamers will enjoy. In
addition to a comedic story I added a variety of gameplay mechanics to make the
combat diverse and entertaining. I had fun making the game and I hope it becomes
a favorite for many.”
Major Features Include:
- Uncover a sinister story in a quirky, cartoon-like universe.
- Explore 9 locations around the world in any order you please, plus the
Kingdom of Lost Balloons and more!
- Build Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate underdog hero by upgrading
him with unique special moves and abilities that you can customize to your
- Learn (or purchase) increasingly powerful spells and techniques.
- Battle bizarre villains across the globe, including samurai cats, cyborg
penguins and whiny vampires.
- Float or fall through unique platforming challenges.
- Two additional full game modes, including bonus content - a more
difficult and humorous Mean Mode, and Developer Commentary.
- A variety of unlockable content and secrets to discover, including an
- Numerous difficulty settings, including "Ridiculously Easy" for players
who prefer to never die, and "Hard for No Reason" for crazy people.
- Snort out loud with a game chock-full of laughs.