Developer Mega Cat Studios and publisher Graffiti Games bite the bullet and
announce the release of Bite the Bullet
, a roguelite RPG shooter they
describe as "the world’s first Run & Gun & Eat title." The Windows, macOS, and
Linux edition can be found
and the Switch version is also now available, to be followed by tomorrow's
release for Xbox One. Here is a Launch
(not to be confused with a lunch trailer), and here are a bellyful
In this roguelite RPG shooter players must eat enemies,
bullets and more to powerup their character, weapons, and abilities. Gun down
zombies, robots and giant mutant bosses with a barrage of bullets before chowing
down on their corpses to craft new weapons, unlock new abilities and special
attacks, and transform into a powerful Zombro form to smash foes. Explore four
character classes and a skill tree based on specific diets – and remember, you
are what you eat!
In the future players can enjoy a new Synthwave Mode that allows the game to be
played in synthwave colors while listening to music from amazing artists,
including Waveshaper, Night Runner, Retröxx and Magic Sword.
“In Bite the Bullet how much and what you eat controls everything from your
waistline to branching skill trees and weapon crafting," says Nick Mann, Game
Designer at Mega Cat Studios. "Shoot fast, eat big, and workout your abdominal
muscles to satisfy your appetite for destruction."
Key Features Include
- Devour enemies to powerup Chewy/Chewella, weapons, and abilities.
- Chow down on everything - enemies, walls, even bullets.
- Play solo or with a friend in local co-op.
- Four character classes (Carnivore, Herbivore, Omnivore, and Robovore -
which means eating metal) that have their own unique abilities and perks.
Gorge on 50 levels.
- Character customizations with a deep, branching skill tree.
- Loot powerful weapons with fun modifiers such as Spicy Critter Cannons.
- Craft exotic new weapons by wolfing down special types of characters and
- Eat enemies to energize skills and special attacks.
- Use a highly advanced shield for protection from oncoming fire or knock
- Earn action hero bandanas by fully completing each world.
- Chew carefully - every enemy has its own nutritional information, and a
body type will change based on the types of enemies consumed.
- Transform into the powerful Zombro form and smash enemies into