Behavioral Systems August 2020 Update
, Riot explains plans to detoxify
League of Legends
a bit with griefer punishments (thanks
). Here's the plan for dealing with idle/AFK players in their
Idle and AFK Actions
If we're detecting disruptive behavior more often, how are we actioning against
it? In order to reduce the overall footprint of idle and AFK behavior in League,
we've outlined a few options that tackle the goals of:
- Preventing this behavior from occurring again.
- Deterring this behavior from occurring in the first place.
- Mitigating the impact of this behavior when it does occur.
We’re looking to dig more into the following solutions to address AFKs in the
- Early surrender options when we identify an AFK early in your game
- LP mitigation for those in ranked games that have an AFK or intent to
lose behaviors on their team during a loss
- Stricter Queue lockouts for those that disconnect / AFK
- Pre-queue warnings for those that have disrupted games previously