Electronic Arts Reports Strong Q1 FY21 Financial Results
. How strong? Glad
you asked. They say their net bookings for the trailing 12 months was almost six
billion dollars. "This was an extraordinary quarter, and we’re deeply proud of
everything our teams at Electronic Arts are doing for our players and
communities," said CEO Andrew Wilson. "We launched new games, deeply engaged
players in our live services, and welcomed tens of millions of new players to
our network. It was an unprecedented first quarter of growth in our business,
and we will continue building on that strength with more innovative experiences,
more groundbreaking content, and more ways to connect with friends and play
great games throughout the year." Here are some numbers:
Operating Highlights and Metrics
- Net bookings* for the trailing twelve months was $5.980 billion, up 17%
- Launched Command & ConquerTM Remastered and Burnout ParadiseTM
Remastered during the quarter.
- During the quarter, EA delivered over 30 new content updates, including
two major game expansions, and more than 50 mobile updates.
- Launched nearly 30 titles on the Steam platform during the quarter.
- During the quarter, Apex LegendsTM launched Season 5 with engagement
reaching its highest levels since Season 1.
- During the quarter, player acquisition for FIFA was up more than 100%
year-over-year and up nearly 140% year-over-year in Madden NFL.
- Life to date, The Sims 4TM has more than 30 million players across all
platforms; daily, weekly, and monthly active player totals reached record
highs for a first quarter.
* Net bookings is defined as the net amount of products and services sold
digitally or sold-in physically in the period. Net bookings is calculated by
adding total net revenue to the change in deferred net revenue for