Awe Interactive announces BPM: BULLETS PER MINUTE
is planned for release
on September 15th
. It's not a surprise from the title that this is a shooter, though
this carries an unusual description, as they call it "a a rhythm-action FPS
rogue-like." Here's an
Official Release Date Trailer
showing a off gameplay reminiscent of QUAKE
and music they say "takes inspiration from the likes of Wagner, Muse and
Audioslave," though it's noticeably evocative of Bobby Prince's original DOOM
soundtrack. Here's more on the game:
BPM: Bullets Per Minute delivers a
total of seven bosses players have to topple in order to reach the final boss,
collecting an assortment of weapons, abilities, and items as they go, ensuring
every playthrough has a unique feel.
All the action plays out to the beat of a barnstorming soundtrack, which takes
inspiration from the likes of Wagner, Muse and Audioslave. Every pulse is tied
to the in-game action, with the structure of BPM: Bullets Per Minute’s audio
pulling everything together to make one cohesive world.
In short, if Brian May were to play games, he’d play BPM: Bullets Per Minute.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute features:
- Shoot, jump and dodge to the beat while battling hordes of enemies.
- Fight powerful bosses in challenging boss battles that will push you to
- Explore randomly generated dungeons.
- Choose from 5 different characters with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Wield a powerful arsenal of weapons, all with different behaviour for
firing and reloading to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Battle a diverse array of enemies, each with unique rhythmic behaviours.
- Get overpowered and fire shotgun rockets while flying through the air.
- Utilise abilities that radically alter the way you play the game, from
teleport to freezing bolts.
- Equip over 40 items that buff your character in unique and interesting
- Experience an epic rock opera soundtrack.
- Challenge modes for extra gameplay.