Studios announces Battle Brothers
will get their just desserts on
August 13th with the release of the Blazing Deserts
DLC for the tactical
RPG. Here's word on what they call the "largest and most ambitious DLC for
Battle Brothers yet":
The 'Blazing Deserts' DLC for Battle Brothers
expands the game with new lands of burning deserts and lush oases to the south.
Visit independent city states, fight in the arena, face desert raiders and
southern beasts in battle. Wear new gear inspired by Arabian and Persian
cultures of the medieval ages, employ alchemical contraptions and primitive
firearms, and forge your own path when the fires of religious turmoil threaten
to engulf the world in a new late game crisis.
- New Lands - Visit new lands to the south with independent
city-states that have their own lore, equipment and services, as well as
entirely new character backgrounds to recruit.
- Retinue - Hire non-combat followers for your retinue to customize
your campaign experience to fit your playstyle. Hire a drill sergeant to
train your men. Never lose shields again with a blacksmith that can repair
gear no matter how damaged. Buy carts for additional inventory space.
- Arena - Fight in front of cheering spectators to earn coin,
experience and unique rewards as an alternative to mercenary work.
- New Crisis - Survive a new late game crisis that tests the mettle
of your company in the fires of religious turmoil.
- New Opponents - Face new factions of city state soldiers and
desert raiders, complete with their own gear and unique mechanics. Hunt down
and get hunted by desert beasts.
- New Origins - Play using one of three new southern-themed
origins, each with special rules that shape your campaign into a different
experience from beginning to end.
- New Banners and Gear - Dress in style with a collection of new
banners, shields, helmets and armors inspired by Arabic and Persian culture.
Use new weapons, alchemical contraptions and primitive firearms.
- Legendary Location - Visit a new legendary location and fight a
new boss in a quest that leads to a legendary reward.
- New Location Environments - Fight amidst southern ruins and nomad
tents on the tactical combat map, in addition to graveyards and encampments
by brigands, orcs and goblins that come with a free update to the base game.
- New Contracts and Events - Earn your stay in the south by taking
on new contracts. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even
more illustrated events.
- New Music - Several new music tracks set the mood on your
- New Achievements - Challenge yourself with new achievements.