Therefore Games announces
the release of Sweeping Heights
, a free
their Windows "rogulite"(?) puzzle game that's based on the tried and true
Minesweeper concept. This includes what they call the Endless Multiverse 2.0
which "reinvigorates DemonCrawl's current endgame." Here's an
Endless Multiverse 2.0
and here are some details:
DemonCrawl is a puzzle roguelite
that combines the addicting gameplay of Minesweeper with hundreds of unique
items, stages, and abilities! Featuring over 500 unique items to help you solve
puzzles, there are always new content and strategies to explore. The open-ended
player progression in DemonCrawl has you collect Tokens while playing and spend
them on Talents that complement your play style. Experiment with different
builds in DemonCrawl by creating multiple profiles.
Sweeping Heights Update Features:
- 7 new masteries that dramatically alter gameplay
- Over 50 new items
- The Endless Multiverse 2.0
- Bosses now have powerful boss mods
- New metaprogression system called "Sigils." These new endgame items have
randomized properties that can be rerolled using crafting materials
- Beyond Quest overhaul - more intricate/refined system for creating
- 5 new special stages: the Guild, Academy, Lighthouse, Smithy, and
- 4 new strangers: the Doctor, Gambler, Mage and Guide
- Ability to sell artifacts and other metaprogression materials for Tokens
- Completing the daily Hero Trial now rewards you with a prizebox instead
of a flat amount of Tokens
- Tons of quality of life and bug fixes
The Endless Multiverse 2.0
The Endless Multiverse 2.0 completely reinvigorates DemonCrawl's current
endgame. Dimensional Portals no longer require you to sacrifice items or stats
to proceed. Instead, they will automatically reset your inventory and stats to
starting values. The Metagate will acquire a new "Portal Mod" with each
dimension. These special mods will impact the difficulty of the following
dimension in interesting ways.
Other Endless Multiverse Features
- New stranger: Guide - Exclusive to the Metagate. He will help you
whitelist certain items or stats when you enter the Dimensional Portal.
Unlike most strangers, you may only pay each Guide once.
- New legendary items: Memento - Found only in Endless Multiverse Item
Shops, each Memento presents a mini-quests of sorts; if you can meet its
conditions, you will receive a buff at the start of the next dimension.
There is a Memento based around the mechanics of each Mastery.
- New landmark: Vault - The Vault allows you to deposit a specific item
that will persist between dimensions. You can retrieve this item from the
next Vault you encounter, however you must leave another item in its place.