post on Steam
has details on a major update
, adding a Map Editor and Steam Workshop support to this
Windows, macOS, and Linux strategy game of Norse mythology. Shiro Games also now
offers a new external tool and new tilesets to assist with your new creations.
There are details on this page
and in this video
Bringing a whole new level of customization to Northgard, as
well as a longer lifespan, the Map Editor allows you to create and modify
battlefields almost limitlessly. You can populate your maps with buildings,
resources, decorations and AI factions of your choosing. You also will have full
control over the visual design and layout of the map.
This update is also coming with an external tool allowing even more
customization, giving you the ability to change the values of units or buildings
such as attack/defense power, health, price and more. You are now able to write
scripts to set up maps with certain units/resources or even to choose entirely
new victory conditions and create your own personal game experience.
Key Features of the Map Editor :
- Modify maps from classic Northgard map generations
- Change the elevation and natural barriers between each zone
- Add any buildings, decorations, creatures/AI of your choosing
- Edit and customize the starting zones owned by the players
- Add and edit the special tiles found throughout the map
- Paint the map with dirt, grass, forest grass and cliff rocks, depending
on the biome you created the map on
Features of the external tool :
- Change the values from units or buildings, such as attack/defense power,
health, price etc...
- Write scripts to setup a map with certain units/resources or add new
On top of all, the update also implements Steam Workshop support. This means
players will be able to create, share, download and play community creations. In
single or in multiplayer, try other personalized maps hassle free through Steam,
and go through an unlimited number of new experiences.