Paradox Interactive announces a June 9th release date for Emperor
new expansion for Europa Universalis IV
, their grand strategy game. Word
is: "This expansion opens up three central game systems, offering new gameplay
opportunities for the Papacy, the Holy Roman Empire and Revolutionary movements,
as well as a host of other changes." Accompanying the news is a
highlighting the expansion's story. Here's a feature list:
Europa Universalis IV: Emperor include:
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather
tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the
souls of Christendom.
New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to
the Emperor's power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a
centralized monarchy or decentralized federation?
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must
be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the zeal of revolutionary
guard units to fight reactionaries at home and abroad.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy
and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: Seize the mantle of global leadership if you accumulate
great wealth and armies, but be prepared to face great opposition from those
who question your right to rule.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power.
Defending a major religion should be different from defending an
insignificant one. Now it is!
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers
to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the
unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can
manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course