Paradox Interactive announces a February 25th release date for La Résistance
the upcoming Hearts of Iron IV
expansion centered around the French freedom
fighters of World War II. Vive La Résistance! Here's what this will bring to the
WW2 strategy sequel:
The codes have been cracked and your agents are ready
to move. The enemy will do their best to uncover your mission, but you’ve been
preparing for this day for months. You will expose the collaborators and bring
the vengeance of the oppressed to the very doorstep of the occupier. You are La
Résistance. And the date of the operation has been set.
Paradox Development Studio is ready to announce that La Résistance, the next
expansion to Hearts of Iron IV, will be available for all generals and
spymasters on February 25, 2020. Hearts of Iron IV, Paradox’s best-selling
strategy wargame about World War II, will now be supplemented by an expansion
that highlights the challenge of governing unruly conquests and the power of
Features of Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance include:
- New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the
Vichy Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old
- More in Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and
Nationalist Spain, including an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral
into a wider conflict.
- Portuguese National Focuses: New unique focus tree for Portugal. Restore
Portuguese naval power, strengthen the overseas empire or intervene in the
Civil War next door.
- Espionage: Use your Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialize in
certain types of information warfare and send them on special operations, or
develop passive resistance to enemy espionage.
- Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance
movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
- Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for
collaborators to fill the void once you’ve conquered your target.
- Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term
- Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas
while armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.