now offers a free weekend for Road to Guangdong
, a driving game
set in 1990s China. The full title of this Early Access game is listed as
Road to Guangdong - Road Trip Car Driving Simulator Story-Based Indie Title
, so we're pretty sure this isn't based on a Hope/Crosby movie.
Here's a trailer
showing off gameplay, and here's a description of the game:
a Journey of Discovery
On a mission to revive their struggling family restaurant, Sunny and Guu Ma must
visit long-lost relatives in search of secrets that will bring diners flooding
back. But it won’t be easy. The long trip with her ageing aunt will truly test
their relationship as cultural differences bubble to the surface. Only by making
tough choices along the way will Sunny discover what fate has in store for her.
Keep Your Car on the Road
A treasured part of her family for longer than Sunny can remember, Sandy has
carried her loved ones through many a crisis. But her beloved car is falling
apart and she’ll need a helping hand to respond to this latest emergency. Only
careful driving and regular checks under the bonnet will enable her to carry
Sunny to the climax of her quest.
- Penned by author Yen Ooi, this captivating coming-of-age tale is set
against the evocative backdrop of 90s China.
- Play your part in a touching interactive story where your decisions
decide Sunny’s fate.
- Explore the sights and sounds of Guangdong through vibrant animations
and a memorable soundtrack.
- Fall in love with a colourful cast of characters, each with unique
personalities and rich backstories.
- Maintain your car by keeping tabs on fuel consumption, tyre wear and
- Keep the mechanics away by topping up oil and fuel levels and repairing
and replacing worn out parts.