A free weekend is now underway
for GOAT OF DUTY
, offering the chance to check out this wacky multiplayer
shooter where players take on the roles of heavily armed goats. Word is: "Ram
and troll your friends, don the craziest goatstumes, and put your skills to the
test in the quirkiest FPS ever. Are you ready to become the GOAT of goats?"
This post on Steam
discusses the promotion, noting that the game is on sale
for 40% if you get a kick out of it. Here's more on this effort to get your
Goat of Duty is a fast-paced and intense multiplayer first-person
shooter, and that's pretty much all you need to know. No nonsense: no need to
master a convoluted metagame, learn different characters, combine skills,
strategic team play... just devilish combat arenas,
powerful weapons, and fast-paced action. Well, and lots of silly humor, crazy
goatstumes (skins), and goat mechanics for you to troll your friends to your
- Goats. You are an armed goat fighting other goats. It doesn’t get any
better than that!
- Experience intense deathmatch multiplayer battles for 2 to 10 goats
- Fast-paced gameplay: Goats are fast and nimble, after all; they can
climb pretty much anything and jump really high.
- Old-school, no-nonsense shooter experience: Just you and your skills
against your enemies!
- Wear crazy goatstumes, dance like a goat, and troll your buddies when
you bleat them in combat!
- Four multiplayer modes: Classic free-for-all, Gun Deathmatch, Herd Wars
(or team deathmatch for humans) and an original, new mode: the crazy Fus Ro
- Explore a variety of crazy maps with different playstyles: Feel right at
home on a futuristic farm, explore mountains in distant planets, survive the
desert of the lambs, experience hair-rising fear at the horror well, wander
adrift the space station, or encounter mind-boggling randomness at the
medieval village -- among others!