Also from Paradox Interactive is the revelation of La Résistance
, a new
expansion that will bring French freedom fighters to Hearts of Iron IV
World War II strategy sequel. The
takes us behind enemy lines with a cinematic look at what to expect, and the
announcement has more, including word that the main game will receive a free
when this is released "soon":
The quickest way to kill an enemy is to do
it from within. Learn its secrets. Sabotage its industry. Break its codes.
Strike at vulnerable points behind the front lines. Send agents to build a
network of informants and a secret army that will rise against the occupiers.
Resistance is never futile.
Paradox Development Studios is happy to announce Hearts of Iron IV: La
Résistance, an expansion to the best-selling grand strategy wargame. La
Résistance introduces a new espionage system to the game, and also increases the
range of interactions and options with resistance movements in occupied
Features of Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance includes:
- New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the
Vichy Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old
- More in Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and
Nationalist Spain, as well as an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral
into a wider conflict..
- Espionage: Use you Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialize in
certain types of information warfare and develop passive resistance to enemy
espionage, then send them on special operations.
- Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance
movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
- Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for
collaborators to fill the void once you’ve conquered your target.
- Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term
- Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas
while armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.
As usual, La Résistance will be accompanied by a significant free update to
Hearts of Iron IV, available to all players. This update will include a
reworking of the resistance system, interface improvements to battleplans and
air operations, and many other quality of life improvements.