Beamdog announces a July 31st Early Access release date for Axis & Allies
, the Avalon Hill board game adaptation they unveiled
earlier this year
. This is coming to
, where the listing has details on what to expect from the game:
German tanks mobilize in the west, blitzing into France and pushing back
the Soviet Union in eastern Europe. The United States rises in response to
Japanese aggression in the Pacific. The United Kingdom rallies allies as bombers
menace the skies. The year is 1942, and the world is at war!
Axis & Allies 1942 Online is an official adaptation of the beloved strategic
board game, Axis & Allies, and includes the 1942 Second Edition game board and
Axis & Allies 1942 Online accommodates 1-5 players, each controlling one or more
of the Axis or Allied powers in Online Multiplayer, Hot Seat, or Single Player
mode against the computer AI. Players command both their country’s military
forces and its war-time economy.
Victory goes to the side that conquers its opponents on the field of battle and
occupies the greatest cities of the world. Will the Axis continue to spread
across the globe unchecked, or will the Allies rally to push back against
imperialistic tyranny? Challenge your friends and change the course of history!
Many ways to play!
- Hotseat play for 2 to 5 players
- Online multiplayer allows you play with allies and
enemies across the world
- Challenge yourself against AI
- The complete Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition
- Play online with your friends
- Optional computer AI players
- Learn to play with introductory tutorials
- Asynchronous gameplay with custom defense profiles
- Selectable victory conditions
- Keep informed with the action log and war diary
- Over 20 minutes of all-new period appropriate