Streets of Rogue
is now out of Early Access for Windows, Linux, and macOS
, and is also now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch.
Publisher tinyBuild is at no loss for words and genres in describing this as, "a
rogue-lite co-op stealth shooter RPG brawler mega-game. It's like Nuclear Throne
meets Deus Ex, mixed with the anarchy of GTA. Rogue-lite meets immersive sim,
and goes completely insane." This
post on Steam
announces the release, and offers patch notes to outline
what's changed following the conclusion of Early Access. We also have a
look at gameplay, and there are even more genres and comparisons in this
Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice,
freedom, and anarchic fun. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down
rogue-lites like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form,
experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.
Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning,
procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of
life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities.
In order to progress, the player will need to accomplish specific mission goals
in any way they see fit through use of their special character traits, items,
and the environment.
- Will you play as a soldier who shoots first and
asks questions later?
- A stealthy doctor who uses chloroform and
tranquilizer darts to silently take down the opposition?
- A genial bartender who can talk his way past the
most intimidating of guards?
- Or how about a hyper-intelligent gorilla, rescuing
other caged gorillas to form a small mobilized gorilla army?
The Mighty Feature-List
- Play the game YOUR way! Donít want to kill
anybody? Thatís cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
- Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME
gameplay variety means you can play for 600 hours and not get bored!
Seriously though, go outside!!!
- Super-advanced artificial intelligence that wonít
put up with your crap! Outsmart these virtual humans and feel superior to
- Play as over 20 (and growing!) wildly different
types of characters! Bartender, scientist, hacker, gorilla ó hey, your job
is probably in there too!
- Stupidly huge variety of items! Shrink rays,
hypnotizing devices, boomboxes, bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns
- 4-Player online and local cooperative modes lets
you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
- Lead a gang, free slaves, drink beer, gib ghosts,
become a vampire, shrink people and stomp on them. The most insanely varied
game ever made.