GOG.com now offers Unreal
, Epic's first-person shooter, completely DRM-free and completely cost
free, as this is free to keep for all who claim their copy by May 24th. The game
is also currently free
where they do not specify when the free offer will end. This celebrates the 20th
anniversary of Epic's first-person shooter, which was initially released on this
day in 1998. Since that officially qualifies as "a while," here's a refresher on
the game and the gold edition:
Your prison ship has crash-landed on the
fastest, sleekest, most dangerous 3D world ever created. Look around, crystal
clear water shimmers, shadows dance and shift, alien architecture fades into the
horizon. Discover the secret of this mysterious planet and find out what caused
a peaceful race to be enslaved by vicious merciless aggressors.
- Over 47 eye-popping single player missions.
- 20 multiplayer levels with 5 different game types.
- Ruthlessly intelligent enemies, each with unique
- An arsenal of over 13 deadly weapons...all
guaranteed giblet action.
- Includes all of the latest Unreal enhancements and
- Special graphical and performance enhancements for
the latest 3D cards.
- Includes the original Unreal game and its
expansion - Return to Na Pali
- Use a wide variety of weapons with many fire
modes, some of them upgradeable
- Great gameplay, superb level design and an