is the name of a new expansion that Paradox is announcing today for
Europa Universalis IV
, their historical grand strategy sequel. This will add a new focus on the Indian subcontinent, but do not expect
instant Dharma, as this won't be released until later this year. Here is
for the add-on, here is
which does not caste any light on the game, but does make someone's
fancy chess set tax deductible. Here's the announcement:
A hundred and fifty million souls speaking dozens of languages stand between
European traders and unimaginable wealth. Diplomacy, war and subterfuge will be
used on both sides to either preserve the power of the Mughal emperor and his
dependents or to undermine that throne. Unite the Indian people, or divide and
conquer. You write the history in Europa Universalis IV: Dharma.
Dharma is the newest expansion for Europa Universalis IV, Paradox Development
Studio’s best selling history strategy game about the early modern era. Dharma
puts greater emphasis on peacetime interactions, especially for the varied
nations of India and those colonial powers who want to make their fortune in
Asia. This government design feature is the most significant change in Dharma,
with some exclusive reforms for many nations.
In Dharma, players will find a new level of customization for their
governments, since not every monarchy should be the same! Design a kingdom or
republic with new reforms and upgrades as the balance of priorities shifts
Features in Europa Universalis IV: Dharma include:
- Design Your Government: Unlock reforms that will define how you
govern your kingdom or republic, earning free policies and boosting the
power of some estates.
- Reworked Policy System: Policies get a new look in the free
update, but Dharma will include special bonuses that make this system even
- Trade Company Investments: Upgrade and improve the provinces tied
to your trade companies, conferring bonuses both to the European master and
neighboring Indian nations.
- New Cossack Government: Exclusive for owners of The Cossacks expansion.
- New Indian Mission Trees: Unique mission paths for the most important Indian
sultanates and kingdoms.
- New Indian Estates: Alongside a free update to the estate system, India gets
five new castes. Raise the brahmins to reduce unrest in a province or
install Jain governors for a boost to income while reducing manpower..
- New Mughal Culture Bonus: The Mughal Empire can assimilate and accommodate
newly conquered cultures with ease.
- Charter Companies: Europeans can buy a foothold into trade charter zones in
Africa and Asia, if they can find a prince that trusts them.
- Upgraded Trade Centers: Invest in the development of your Centers of Trade
- And more, including: new ways to suppress rebellion, the monsoon season, new
uses for colonists in non-colonial development, scornful insults,
multiplayer teams, new art, and a host of new achievements.
As usual, Europa Universalis IV: Dharma will be accompanied by a free update
for all Europa Universalis IV players, including a major reworking of the game’s
map of India, Tibet and Burma.
Europa Universalis IV: Dharma will be available later this year for a
suggested retail price of $19,99..