A new premium Australia DLC is now available for Sid Meier's Civilization VI
along with a new update for all players of the turn-based strategy game (thanks
has the details on the Australia campaign and all that it adds to
has all the details on the accompanying patch, which adds mod
tools and Steam
workshop support to the game. Here's a bit on what's new
following their original kooky formatting:
- Multiplayer Teams have been added to Civilization VI and this feature
builds on updates to the Alliance agreement. Players on teams gain
additional benefits (beyond those of an alliance), as follows:
- When one teammate finishes research on a tech or civic, their
teammate(s) receive a boost for that tech or civic.
- Teammates share war status against opponents not on their team.
- Teammates share allied status with opponents not on their team.
- Teammates work together to win or lose the game as a single entity.
The Religion and Culture Victories have been reworked so they are more
- The Religion Victory requires you to convert all civs to ONE of
the religions started by your team.
- The Culture Victory requires ONE member of your team to be
culturally dominant over all players NOT on your team.
- MODDING TOOLS
- Updated lobby and in-game UI to better show Additional Content
- Added Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Development Tools, which
includes ModBuddy, Tools, FireTuner, and the Steam Workshop
- ModBuddy: A packaging and development tool.
- Art/Asset Tools: Import FBX files into a format usable by
the game, as well as customize existing art.
- FireTuner: In-game debugging and editing tool.
- Added Sid Meier’s Civiliation VI Development Assets, which includes
the game art assets. This is a large download (approximately 7GB
compressed download and 27GB on disk) which contains game assets,
including models, textures, and interface elements.
- STEAM WORKSHOP
- Access mods created by the Steam community via Steam Workshop
- Share your mods with the Steam community with the Steam Workshop
ModBuddy will also receive additional updates in the future, as part of a
modding SDK update later. These tools do not include DLL source for Civilization
VI at this time.