a reminder that the PC edition of No Man's Sky
will launch today.
says this will be a 2.6 GB download, but that preloads are not available.
Finally, he offers
of when the game will unlock in various regions. Correcting his use of Standard
Time, the game's global launch should come at 1:00 pm EDT. To pave the way, a post on the No Man's Sky
discusses issues players are encountering in the space exploration
game. These apply to the already released PS4 edition, but many of the
workarounds they offer will apply to today's PC release as well. Here's word on
how they are ramping up support along with some temporary fixes:
some things to be aware of:
- We’ve brought a new QA team on board today (larger
than the entire Hello Games team!). This will complement the existing Sony
- We are working on fixes for the most critical
issues, which will be in a patch in the near future.
- We will be moving to a ticketed support system
next week, and have hired someone to manage this starting Monday.
- Some information will be posted in the Sony forums
- Or contact Hello Games here
Here are some workarounds for some known issues:
- If you believe you are stuck, or can’t reach your
ship, be aware you can jetpack forever whilst pushing against any surface
- If you have made a mistake – you can revert to any
of your two previous saves in the Options Menu
- If you have left your ship somewhere inaccessible,
you will be able to summon it from landing pads or beacons found at most
buildings or points of interest (marked by question marks)