Notes for a version 1.03 patch for Pillars of Eternity
are now available
, where they note that the changes listed are tentative and
may change before the patch for the RPG is released. That release may come as
soon as tomorrow, as
a forum post
from Obsidian's Roby Atadero reveals, saying: "The patch is
currently being crunched on by QA. If everything checks out, then you'll
probably get an update by end of day tomorrow" (thanks
via nin). Here are the notes as they currently read:
- Bears and Cats can now be equipped with hats. This
is most likely not a joke... but might be a joke.
- Double-clicking to equip items was causing passive
abilities to get removed from the character. This has been fixed and we were
able to retroactively fix the problem for people that have already run into
the issue. If you open your saved game in the latest patch, your characters
will be repaired.
- Fixed a problem where attributes on characters
could permanently increase by equipping certain items. This will also
retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this
- The crash in Raedric's Hold has been fixed.
- Fixed the looping audio sounds that can occur if
you play with minimized tooltips.
- Previously Wizard summoned items could persist
after the spell's duration. This has been fixed and it will also
retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this
- The items Drinking Horn of Moderation and Talisman
of the Unconquerable were causing Ciphers to permanently lower their amount
of focus gain. We've included a fix to retroactively resolve the issue on
Ciphers but the effect is still on the items. Unfortunately the fix will not
fix the broken effect on those items, so you'll need to keep those items
unequipped until the next patch. If you do equip them, perform a Save/Load
to fix your Cipher.
- Added graphics setting to toggle antialiasing
levels. This can improve performance on lower end machines when disabled.
- Added pro tips to the Glossary.
- Many new icons for items.
- Added new voice set reactivity for lockpick,
poison, enemy spotted in stealth, spell failure, death, immobilized, and
- Added indicators on the loot screen when looting
crafting and quest items.
- Party can now use lockpicks that are in the Stash.
- You can now cast AoEs on party member portraits
and the spell will be targeted at the companion's location.
- Monk unarmed attack buffed by 1 point at the top
- Arbalest damage has been lowered.
- Fast melee weapons do slightly more damage.
- Slight bump to sabre damage.
- Tuned down Mind Blades.
- Tuned ranges of many Wizard spells to be higher.
- Slicken spell is now a single hit AoE.
- Chill Fog is now a friend or foe spell.
- Curse of Blackened Sight is now foe only.
- Changed reload speed multiplier from 2 to 1.2 for
- Fixed the price on Seal of Faith.
- Adjusted price on figurines.
- Adjusted price on rings.
- Tuned up the Goldrot Chew.
- Reduced the penalties for Bonded Grief.
- Tuned up Bulwark of the Elements.
- Modified attributes of companions and Itumaak.
- Raised the bonus for having fewer than six party
members from 5% per character under the limit to 10% per character under the
- Added cooldown to NPC Rogue's Escape ability usage
so they won't use it back to back.
- Rebalanced fight difficulty and spell selection
for the Old Watcher.
- Lowered the scale of the Defiance Bay reputation
- Beloved Spirits adds 0.4 Endurance to Ancient
Memory instead of 2.
Changed duration of the Flagellant's Path defense penalty.
- Adjustments to the Mantle of the Dying Boar.
- Reduced the price of the Brighthollow Hearth and
- Heart of Fury will now apply to all damage types.
- Tuned damage on Brilliant Radiance down.
- Fixed issue with Wizard's summoned magical items
getting stuck after save and load. Wizards will be restored to a proper
state after loading a game.
- Changed one of the fatigue status effects to not
end with combat.
- Fixed save game issues with spells and abilities
that place down traps.
- Fixed issue to prevent Ciphers from casting
abilities without the required Focus.
- Restored modal flag for Reckless Assault.
- Set Transcendent Suffering to not be combat only.
- Fixed duration issue with Plague of Insects.
- Fixed companion audio triggers for some status
- Hunting Bows had the wrong speed descriptor. They
are now listed as Fast.
- Character Hit Autopause option should be working
- You can now close the Grimoire and Chant UI with a
- Fixed issue with summoning magic items while
- Fixed delay issue on Knockdown.
- Fixed a few issues with Dominate and Charm spells.
- Fixed a bad item mod on the Ring of Protection.
- Fixed issue with the Terrible weapon mod.
- Changed bad data in ranger summons.
- Made Takedown to be consistent with Knockdown.
- Fixed multiplier on Blooded.
- Summoned weapons will be removed when
- Fixed issue with bouncing reflected melee attacks.
- Party members will no longer switch to different
weapons after being Charmed or Dominated.
- Ancient Memory is now Ally only.
- A summoned weapon will not unequip the grimoire.
- Fixed Spellstriking mod.
- Fixed trigger count issue with the Prone reduction
- DOT spells should clean up properly when combat
- Fixed Deflection +10 mod.
- All Exhortations are now combat only.
- Only play weapon ineffective VO if the attack is
- Aggrandizing Radiance will now last until combat
- Holy Radiance is now combat only.
- Carnage now works better.
- Fixed issues with factions and super friend quests
with Lady Webb's dialogue.
- Adjusted trigger in front of the Salty Mast to fix
a possible way to skip a required cutscene.
- Fixed issue with the Winds of Steel quest line.
- Fixed a trigger outside the First Fires Keep that
could have been avoided.
- Many fixes to music, audio, and VFX to a scene
near the end of the game.
- The prybar should now display the correct image in
the Raedric's Hold moat scripted interaction.
- Changed faction on the Hall of Warrior's
- Fixed scripted music for the forge knight combats
in the keep.
- Visual effects in the introduction cutscene should
now be triggered properly.
- Fixed conversation of the guards in Raedric's Hold
to not repeat.
- Added cape and armor to the loot for the Fampyr
- Fix to Osrya's starting timer not being attached
to the trigger in the area.
- Fixed sound issue when collapsing the tutorial UI.
- Fixed issue with double clicking items to equip.
This is a retroactive fix and will restore characters with proper stats.
- Fixed issue where camping supplies were
disappearing when added to Stash.
- Cage Cursor setting should not turn off after
loading a scene or cutscene and is now on by default.
- Fixed cropping on a few portraits.
- Fixed issue with highlighting dead bodies and
containers in the fog of war.
- Fixed item stacking issue that was stacking items
- Reduced the intensity of the explored fog of war
on the area map, and fixed an issue where the shadow layer was causing the
area map to be darker than it should be.
- Small UI updates to the journal screen.
- Reworked the enchanting UI to work better with
- Fixed UI sorting issue in store.
- Fixed UI sorting in crafting menu.
- Fixes to Capitular glyphs in end game slides.
- Fixed issue with stronghold alert widgets not
- Fixed an issue with weapon mods were incorrectly
being displayed in some cases.
- Drag select should work properly when starting the
drag over an enemy.
- Fixed a few issues with drag select and formation
rotation causing issues when the mouse goes over UI elements.
- Fixed some control issues with holding down keys.
- Shot on the Run recovery value should be now
- Fixed issues to how the HUD fades out during
- When the party receives or loses items, those log
messages now go to both logs.
- Cleaned up the character sheet formatting and made
more items clickable.
- Store item names can now take up two lines.
- Spells now show DT bypass in the description.
- Consumables now show per-Rest and per-Encounter
- Fixed stats issue with saving and loading on the
same map where a companion is found. This is a retroactive fix and will
restore companions and characters to the proper state.
- Fixed issues with save games in Raedric's Hold,
causing the game to not function correctly or freeze.
- Ranger Animal Companions should not disappear
anymore and broken animals will be restored after loading and saving the
- Fixed possible issues with disappearing items and
- Minor fixes to a few select voice over lines.
- Fixed size issues with equipped capes on Godlike
- Changed Explorer achievement to check for 152 maps
rather than 160.
- Fixed many issues where combat would not end
Updated credits with more backer names.
- Updated paperdoll level up lighting.
- Scripted music should now be restored properly
after loading a game.
- Updated Temple of Eothas render.
- Fixed some rendering issues with Fog of War on
- Fixed sounds on movie that plays near end of game.
- Reduced antelope feet sliding.
- Fixed issue with weapon caching causing issues
when weapons are swapped.
- Interstitial music no longer loops.
- Fixed issue where party members could take damage
- Fixed voice cues during looting for full
- Fixed transparency on ghost characters.
- Fixed issues with cutscene pathfinding if the
game's process is halted.
- Fixed issue with Expert mode settings getting
- Fixed issue where characters were not properly
stopping at the last waypoint of their path.
- Adjusted Skuldr scream vocals.
- We now handle some edge cases in resolution
management on some hardware configurations.
- Fixed issue with the party member Knockout
achievement not reporting the correct numbers.