Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

John Romero's New Shooter Plans

John Romero is apparently toying with the idea of developing a new first-person shooter, reports Joystiq after sitting down with the famed designer for their Super Joystiq Podcast Gamescom Special. They say the first shooter since Daikatana from the DOOM and QUAKE collaborator will come from Romero Games, rather than Loot Drop, though this all sounds very preliminary with Romero saying he's working on several games right now. They offer the following outline of how John and wife Brenda spilled the beans:

Here's how it went down:

"I'm working on several games at once right now," John Romero said. "But [Brenda] had mentioned earlier that I'm working with a concept artist, and so I've got some cool imagery for the main character."

Brenda Romero jumped in: "I'm concerned about how much you're going to say."

"I haven't made a shooter since 2000. So I'm basically starting to work on another one," John Romero said. And the room. Went. Wild.

Email Digg Facebook Twitter   Share More    


 

  
   Current Headlines
Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off
Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
Saturday Patches
Gatherings & Competitions
Saturday Consolidation
Saturday Tech Bits
Hardware Reviews
etc.
Out of the Blue
Free Umbrella Corps Weekend
EVE Online Free Weekend
F1 2016 Released
TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month
Bonus Weekend in GTA Online, Battleborn, Evolve
Dishonored 2 Gamescom Video
Prey 2 Video
Evening Patches
Evening Consolidation
Evening Mobilization
  

 



footer

Blue's News logo