Electronic Arts Reports Q3 FY14 Financial Results
, showing a GAAP net loss
of $308 million on GAAP net revenue of $808 million, $410 million of which was
digital. Looking forward, they have lowered their outlook for the fiscal year.
On a semi-related note, here's an
EA Games By The Numbers
showing some game statistics. Here are some of the highlights
from the new financials:
- EA was the #1 publisher on the PlayStation 4
computer entertainment systems and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and
entertainment system from Microsoft, in the Western World in December, led
by Battlefield 4™, Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14 and Need for Speed™ Rivals.
- For the month of December, FIFA 14 and Battlefield
4 were two of the top three best-selling titles across all platforms in the
Western World, and FIFA 14 was the #1 title in Europe.
- EA titles represented 35% of the Western World
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One software sales in the third quarter.
- Third quarter digital net revenue increased by 27%
year-over-year to $517 million*, and trailing twelve month digital net
revenue was a record $1.86 billion*.
- On a year-to-date basis, FIFA Ultimate Team,
Madden NFL Ultimate Team, and NHL® Hockey Ultimate Team collectively grew
60% year-over-year and drove digital net revenue* growth.
- EA's mobile and handheld digital net revenue
generated $125 million* in Q3 fiscal 14, a 26% year-over-year increase over
Q3 fiscal 13.
- The Simpsons™ Tapped Out generated over $130
million* in digital net revenue through Q3 fiscal 14.
- Trailing twelve months operating cash flow was
$664 million, the highest trailing twelve month operating cash flow for EA