Russian developer HeroCraft announces Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf
virtual card-based turn-based strategy game set in Games Workshop's Warhammer
40K universe. Here's word on the game, which is due next year for Windows and
August 16th 2013, Kaliningrad, Russia – HeroCraft are pleased to
announce a licence partnership with Games Workshop®. Warhammer 40,000: Space
Wolf will be a new turn-based tactical combat video game, using collectible
cards to drive the on-screen actions of the 3D characters. Set in the Warhammer
40,000 universe, the free to play game is in full development for a 2014 release
on iOS, Android and PC.
“HeroCraft have presented us with a unique and exciting vision for a game based
on this most evocative and barbaric chapter of Space Marines – the Space
Wolves.” said Jon Gillard, Head of Licensing at Games Workshop. “Given that,
their clear passion for the IP, and their experience in the market, we are only
too happy to be working with them on this project.”
“We are all very excited to work with Games Workshop on this project,
particularly our development team, who are not only games industry veterans but
also Warhammer 40,000 fans who know the series well. As a gamer myself, I'm also
excited about the mix of tactical turn based play using my own deck of cards to
lead my Space Wolves to victory - I can't wait to play it!” says Alexey Sazonov,
Sales and Marketing Director of HeroCraft.
Tactical Combat and CCG fusion:
- Lead your Space Wolves into fierce battles in
glorious, interactive 3D environments.
- Play your cards and watch the real time action
unfold on screen.
Collect Hundreds of Cards:
- Get started fast with easy to use pre-defined
- Build your own decks to fit your unique strategy
- Victory unlocks exciting new powerful weapons,
bonuses and tactics cards.
- Evolve your cards at the Iron Priest’s Forge to
further build your own killer deck!
Defeat the implacable enemies of the Space Wolves:
- An epic campaign with branching storylines,
spanning hostile environments on a far distant planet.
- Combat the Word Bearers - fanatical and deadly
traitors who serve the chaos gods.
- Defeat the implacable Necrons – waking from aeons
of slumber to claim the galaxy.
Choose Your Path:
- Grey Hunter, Wolf Scout, Blood Claw, or Wolf Guard
– You decide which path to follow, to best match your own style, strategies