Kerberos Productions officially announces Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders
the new turn-based wargame that was first revealed
. Though the
game is newly announced, a playable alpha demo is already available for download
from Gamer's Hell
Here are a
and here's word, which says this will show up on Kickstarter
at some point:
August 13th, 2013 – Following on the heels of their first
highly successful crowd-sourced game, The Pit, Kerberos Productions is pleased
to officially announce our next title, Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders!
Inspired by classic wargames such as Panzer General, and steeped in the lore of
the Sword of the Stars universe, Ground Pounders offers a new generation of
gamers an updated taste of turn-based warfare!
Ground Pounders lets players control an army from one of three factions,
comprised of several dozen of types of units, lead them across a variety of
worlds, increase their experience levels and abilities over three campaigns, and
use them to unlock special action cards that can be used to add unique effects
to their single-player or cross platform multi-player battles!
Players can get a taste of Ground Pounders now by trying the Alpha demo for PC.
Ground Pounders is the second independent title to be published by Kerberos and
will be the first to use Kickstarter as a way to connect with fans of both the
SotS universe of games and strategy wargames in general. With the support of
players, Kerberos seeks to take Ground Pounders from the Alpha stage on PC to
final release across multiple platforms in time for Christmas.
- Control one of 3 armies - Human, Tarka, and Hivers
- 80+ units covering land, sea, and air
- Battle across alien worlds on exotic battlefields,
including airless moons, lava plains, and meteor blasted wastelands
- Seize orbital superiority and call down
bombardments on your foes
- Build airfields, fortify areas, and repair or
- Improve your unit's experience and abilities over
- Unlock and collect combat cards for each race.
- Build unique decks and even tune them for specific
- Dozens of scenarios to play in skirmish mode or
- Scenario and unit editors will allow players to
create and trade battles
- SotSdex filled with lore details on famous units,
personalities, battles and weapon systems