Games Workshop announces Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
stab at creating an MMORPG based on the Warhammer 40,000 property after
dropped it MMO
(if it is actually still even a thing). The game is in the works at
Behaviour Interactive for release in late 2015 for Windows, Xbox One, and
PlayStation 4, and here's a list of features to expect:
- Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind
the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with
- Participate in a persistent online war to conquer
the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;
- Become a warrior from one of four initial
factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space
Marines, Orks and Eldar.
- Participate in truly massive conflicts that
simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other
- Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos,
Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st
- Hack through genuinely challenging procedural
content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience
- Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep
progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for
conflict from your customized shared space in orbit - then drop down to the
planet together and seek out glory!