has details on a new version 3.0 update that's now live in Maxis' urban
planning reboot (thanks
). A point release implies significant changes, but the highlight of
this is two dozen new hotels, and the patch is mostly tweaks and bug-fixes. Here
are the patch notes:
- New: Added 24 new hotel models to increase
- Traffic: Updated routing system to improve
traffic. Routing system now understands more information about u-turns,
required vehicle stops, and vehicle behavior on certain road types. This
should make traffic smarter.
- Traffic: Commercial and industrial
buildings stagger their work shifts to start throughout commute hours
instead of at the top of the hour. This should reduce traffic.
- Traffic: Fixes one issue where a car won't
move causing traffic to back up behind it.
- Traffic: Vehicles can now make right turns
on Red. This should improve some cases of traffic.
- Traffic: Trading polish that will improve
regional traffic when one city has a lot of jobs and its neighboring city
has a lot of workers.
- Air Pollution: Fixed more issues where
cities that placed air polluting buildings received large amounts of air
pollution from unknown sources.
- Service Vehicles: Fix for disappearing
service vehicles on cities that whose vehicles had disappeared before update
- School Buses: Fix for issue where school
buses were getting stuck at neighbor's city or arcology.
- Audio: Tuned audio on French Police
- Trading: Fixed issue where fire services
were not trading consistently between Brakeman's Folly and Twain in
- Trading: Sewage trading: Sewage will now
take a more direct route to regional sewage plant instead of throughout the
- Trading: Made gifting more reliable.
- Ferry Terminal: Ferry Terminal can now send
its sewage to the output pipe and treatment plant.
- RCI Tuning: Fixed issue where sims going to
a park via transit would sometimes lose their money or happiness on the way
- RCI Tuning: Bulldozing abandoned or rubble
buildings will now prevent new developments for 6-12 hours.
- RCI Tuning: Less Happiness is taken from
wealth 2 and 3 buildings when rent is due when no money is present.
- RCI Tuning: Fix for issue some users
experienced where buildings would stay abandoned because moving trucks would
not be able to move in.
- Trees: Trees now last longer, but also do
not eliminate as much ground pollution.
- Radiation: Radiation causes less ground
pollution than previously.
- Transit: Changed thought bubble suggestion
to add more trains to deal with crowded passenger trains to suggest that you
add more train stations.
- Transit: Improvements to lights to make
rail look better at night.
- Transit: Streetcar stops can now be placed
directly on standalone streetcar tracks, and passengers can walk along the
tracks to them.
- Transit: Tuned the chance buses or
streetcars will go to high-traffic stops first as a minor traffic
- Roads: University pedestrian paths can now
- Manufacturing Trucks: Fixed issue some
users experienced where manufacturing trucks left the city and were lost
- Delivery Trucks: Fixed issue where some
users would experience a loss of resources is their delivery trucks returned
to garages without proper storage.
- Sports Parks: Tuned the amount of
skateboarders and neighborhood athletes at the sports parks.
- Data Layers: Zones are now visible in heavy
- Edit Mode: Added more valid snap points in
edit mode. This improvement is most noticeable on Parks.
- Buildings: Addressed some cases where
buildings would stack on one another.