Cliffhanger Productions announces their plans to completely overhaul Jagged
for the upcoming Steam
release, saying they were not
merely content to make this a "port" of the web-based game. After listening to
players' reaction to the game they say they are "reworking nearly every facet of
gameplay." Here's what they say to expect from the game's free-to-play release
on Steam later this month:
- Improved F2P model – all items in the shop are
available through regular play, and can be earned more easily. All known
pay-to-win tactics have been eliminated.
- Total class, weapon, and armor rebalance -
starting classes are more balanced, and changes to weaponry allow more
freedom to customize a character to your play-style. Sniper with a heavy
machinegun? Sure, why not?
- Better PvP maps – more tactics and fewer Mexican
- Improved mercenary and gear rules – all
mercenaries and gear are fully restored after each mission so you can
immediately jump back in the game. Players should never be penalized for
- Action Point rebalance – increased Action Points,
faster movement speeds, and reduced ready-costs make tactical maneuvering
more important while creating a far more exciting gameplay experience.
- Increased HitPoints, new critical hit rules,
status effects, new exotic weapons and armor, improved AI, and more.