Jagex announces plans to deal Ace of Spades
next week, which will offer a shooter with destructible voxel-based environments. Here's word:
Jagex, Europeís largest independent games studio, today formally announced the release date for the eagerly anticipated innovative shooter, Ace of Spades.
Launching on Steam on 12/12/12, Ace of Spades is a unique and retro-looking, intelligent shooter which deftly blends all the imagination and creative freedom of voxel-based gaming with the mayhem and excitement of competitive, team-based multiplayer first person shooters.
The game offers players complete strategic and creative freedom over a constantly evolving battlefield which, when combined with an extensive and ever growing weapon set, four diverse classes, a host of destructible maps and endless multiplayer experiences for 8 to 32 players, promises to breathe new life into the first person shooter genre.
In addition to the launch date announcement, Jagex also outlined details of the maps and gameplay modes which will be present in the game at launch. These will include:
- Diamond Mine: A race to mine and collect the most diamonds, the winning team being the ones with the most loot.
- Demolition: Destroy the enemyís base before they have a chance to destroy yours.
- Occupation: Defend your base from the opposing team, then switch roles and try to plant a bomb in the enemy teamís base.
- Team Deathmatch: A tried and tested favourite in FPS games, get more kills than the other team and your team wins.
- Zombie Mode: All you have to do is survive the Zombie attack, if you get killed by a Zombie you become one yourself. Will you be the last one standing?
- Ranked Match: A tournament system which uses a selection of 4 different maps rotating every two weeks, to rank players competitively on a global leader board based on their performance.