The 2K Games Forums
have a list of the changes in a new patch for XCOM: Enemy Unknown
that's now available to update the newly released installment in the counter-UFO strategy series (thanks Scott). Here's word on what this does:
We wanted to let you know the details for the PC update for XCOM: Enemy Unknown that went live today (10/11/12). I've included the notes on this patch below:
- Various visibility/hiding optimizations
- Multiplayer text chat support (press J to activate)
- Mouse button 4/5 will switch soldiers in the Barracks
- ESC hides the movement grid, if you do not want to commit to a move while it is activated
- Squad Sight ability optimization
- Fixed issue when equipping two grenades with Deep Pockets.
- Fixed Rapid Fire sometimes consuming too much ammo.
- SHIVs that are damaged will no longer become unusable.
- Fixed some hangs/soft crashes in tactical combat.
- Replaced software cursor with the operating system cursor to reduce lag and framerate dependence.
- Fixed rendering bug which causes some soldier’s hair to appear as if it is rendering on top of environment fog.
- 1080p movies are now used at all times on the PC.