A new patch is now available for A Valley Without Wind
, updating Arcen's side-scroller to version 1.1 in what they justifiably call a "huge" update, as it adds over 160 new room maps, 15 new regular enemies, 8 new bosses, and much more. You can find more on what this adds in this update on the Arcen Games Blog
, which also includes a trailer
showing off the new version. All the details are in the Release Notes
, and there are even more reflections on the new version on Games By Design
. The Arcen Store
has links to the various venders where the patch can be found. Here' the summarized feature list:
- Over 160 new room maps.
- 15 new regular enemies
- 8 new minibosses
- 16 new "elite" enemies (plus the idea of elites at all)
- 5 classes of infestations (plus the idea of infestations at all)
- A new "craggy highlands" region/biome type.
- 8 new music tracks
- 5 new classes of player enchants
- 3 new player spells
- Substantial rebalancement of most player spells.
- The ability to give "wait here" orders to NPCs in rescue missions.x
- Larger and more intricate continent designs.
- Rebalanced and streamlined strategic flow.
- No more Civilization Progress (CP) in favor of better mechanics.
- One central in-game currency rather than six.
- A new "Opal Guardian Store" in settlements.
- Loot drops from trash mobs, for use at the opal store.
- A better enchant-based system of upgrades in place of upgrade stones.
- New Feet enchant slot, splitting out items from the Legs slot.
- Streamlined character selection/creation process.
- Unique attributes for characters by time period.
- More enchant-like unique attributes for every individual character.
- Heavily revised and rebalanced existing missions to player feedback.
- New Freefall and Boss Delve mission types.
- More rewards from doing secret missions.
- No penalties/drawbacks from doin world map missions.
- More gradual ramp-up in difficulty of the harder mission types.
- New spell scroll that you can find and use to turn yourself into tiny t-rex.
- A "shopping list" system helping you to keep track of your self-set goals.
- Many improvements to the existing planning menu in general.
- Smaller, more fun lieutenant towers filled with infestations.
- Texture pack support.
- Smoother minimap exploration.
- More fun and threatening windstorm mechanics.
- Many new multiplayer admin commands (largely anti-griefing-related).
- Vastly more fun ocean exploration.
- Minor continent-wide bonuses from building settlement structures.
- Longer durations on continent-wide guardian power scroll uses.
- Filtering to the enchants inventory for vastly easier management of many enchants.
- Improved elemental strengths/weaknesses for enemies in general.
- Much better (completely randomized) elemental strengths/weaknesses for bosses).
- 7 new achievements
- And much more: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=AVWW_-_Post-Launch_Series_1_Release_Notes