World of Darkness News
has a video interview with Chris McDonough, where the senior producer on World of Darkness
discusses plans for CCP's upcoming supernatural MMOG. They summarize
- Bloodlines the PC game is a big inspiration to the MMO, they are trying to capture the same atmosphere/using it as a point of reference.
- He finds PnP RPG's natural to move into a MMO as it is about individual characters not a specific one (ie Spiderman).
- A lot of focus on player to player interactions due to lack of GM unlike a table top session.
Confirms single shard concept from EVE will be used due to shared technology. (Who called this 6 months ago? oh that's right, me. )
- States there is still a AAA team working on the MMO from all aspects of the gaming industry.
Wanted to focus on vampires only to give depth due to focusing on only one playable supernatural on launch.
- Said on the surface the game will not seem to be about supernaturals but becomes evident when your character digs into the game world.