The Steam Users' Forums
have details on a new patch that's now automatically available for Hard Reset
, to update the cyberpunk first-person shooter to version 1.01. We got a note about this that says in the coming weeks they will announce a new game mode and "further improvements" for the game, and describes the reasons for the new patch as this: "In response to user demands and reviewer criticism, Flying Wild Hog has made some adjustments to their highly acclaimed FPS, Hard Reset, without sacrificing their vision of an old school, adrenaliine [sic] filled shooter. FWH remains dedicated to their game design philosophy, and will continue to address community concerns as they arise." Here are the patch notes:
- Benchmark Mode - You can access the Benchmark mode in the 'Extras' menu.
- Command line benchmark mode - Benchmark is also accessible from the Windows command line - in order to launch it enter hardreset.exe -benchmark.
- Additional Mouse button bindings - You can bind the 4th and 5th mouse buttons.
- All keys button bindings - you can now bind all the buttons on Numerical Keypad (except forn number 5).
- Sprint (shortly) even while still recharging - Sprinting is now possible at any moment - you don't have to wait till the sprint bar fills up.
- Sprint will now charge 20% faster than before.
- Disable Weapon Cool-down period - Weapon cooldowns are disabled now. You can change weapon modes while the weapon is on cooldown.
- Improved the time between switching between N.R.G. Weapon adn CLN Firearm.
- Single Switch-Weapon Button - the F key will now switch between weapons.
- Mid-game difficulty change - You are now able to switch difficulty midgame (the lowest difficulty ever chosen during the whole run determines the achievements unlocked)."
- Disable sprint effects - You are now able to disable Motion Blur and Fov widening while in sprint. Tick the appropriate box in Game options menu.
- In-game Score report - You are now able to check your Mission stats while in-game pressing the Tab key.
- Disable logos - You are now able to disable starting logos in the Game options menu.
- Small healthpacks now regenerate 20 HP instead of 30 HP.
- Audio mode detection - The game will display the current system Audio Mode in Audio Options
- Triple Buffering - Added in Video Options
- MLAA antyaliasing was substituted with FXAA antyaliasing.
- Various improvements with game geometry.
We introduced the changes you were writing that you want, hope you will have fun.
Stay tuned as we will have some more things coming.