EA Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2010 Results
, reporting non-GAAP digital revenue up 33% year-over-year and saying Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has sold 5 million units to date. The report also lists the PC version of Dead Space 2 for Q4 (by March 31, 2011) along with a series of fiscal 2010 highlights:
- EA leads the industry in quality with 20 titles earning a Metacritic rating of 80 or above.
- EA is ranked #1 publisher with 19 percent segment share, up 1.7 points from the prior year, with four of the top 20 games in North America and four of the top 20 games in Europe.
- EA is ranked #1 publisher on the PlayStation(R)3, Xbox 360(R), PC, and PlayStation(R)2. EA is the #1 third party publisher on the Wii and PSP(R) platforms.
- EA was named to the 2010 Fortune 500 company list in April 2010.
- Five EA titles sold more than four million units in the fiscal year: FIFA 10, Madden NFL 10, The Sims (TM)3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Need for Speed(TM) Shift.
- EA strengthened its portfolio by launching new intellectual property -- EA SPORTS Active(TM), Dragon Age(TM), and Dante's Inferno.
- EA's non-GAAP digital revenue, which includes online and wireless, was $570 million, up 33 percent year-over-year.
- EA Mobile(TM), the world's leading publisher of games for wireless, delivered non-GAAP revenue of $212 million for fiscal 2010 -- up 12 percent year-over-year.
- Battlefield 1943(TM) sold over 1.5 million units to date and is the best-selling download-only game on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE(R) Arcade.
- EA has sold over eight million units worldwide of Hasbro(R) branded family and kids video games to date.
- The Sims franchise has sold over 125 million units worldwide to date.
- FIFA 10 has sold over 10 million units since launch.