Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne
is the title of a new
expansion planned for release this December for Europa Universalis III, Paradox
Interactive's RTS sequel, reports
. Details on what it will offer are scant, but include a new
system where "wars have specific goals from start to finish," more options for
the Holy Roman Empire and Papacy, more dynamic pirates, and more.
also has word on For The Glory: A Europa Universalis II Game
a new standalone game based on the previous installment in the series based on a
Europa Universalis II user modification. For The Glory is due in November
offering control of any of 180 countries to participate in historical scenarios
set between 1419 and 1819. There are more details on Europa Universalis III:
Heir to the Throne on
Paradox Interactive Forums
Requested by the fans,
Heir to the Throne is the third expansion to the preeminent historical strategy game Europa Universalis III. The expansion takes
the hugely successful game beyond complete, with improvements across the board:
• Intriguing Casus Belli system, where wars have specific goals from start to
• Monarchs now belong to dynasties, with far reaching effects on the diplomatic
• More involving and powerful Holy Roman Empire and Papacy options.
• Special diplomatic options for Republics.
• Set your National Focus in a province to enhance growth and strengthen your
hold in the region.
• Permanent Terra Incognita removed and replaced with impassable regions.
• Cultural Tradition allows better advisors in the same way that Military
Tradition allows better generals and admirals.
• Spheres of Influence simulate the Great Game of the major powers.
• More dynamic pirates. Issue letters of marque to plague the sea zones of rival
• Monarchs need to uphold their legitimacy in the eyes of their subjects
• Many other additions and improvements.