This is the final Unreal 1 patch. It is based on the earlier 226
patch and includes the latest Direct3D and sound code from Unreal
This patch is network-game compatible with existing
patch versions Unreal 224, 225 and 226. Servers do not need to
upgrade, as this patch contains mainly client improvements.
Release Notes - Unreal Version 226 Final
This is the final Unreal 1 patch. We do not expect there will
be any more updates to Unreal 1.
Fixes and Improvements
Direct3D Render Device
* Updated to the same Direct3D code as in Unreal Tournament version
* Updated to the same sound code as in Unreal Tournament version
* Improved dedicated server performance.
* Fixed packet id wraparound error causing client-side weapons to
* Fixed packet size overrun causing packets to be lost.
* New DISCONNECT and RECONNECT console commands.
* New server -profilestats command line option for performance monitoring.
* People having trouble starting UnrealEd (runtime errors or other
trouble) should get this fix from the web: UnrealEdFix4.exe.