Note: Other websites,
please link to this page, rather than the files directly. Thanks.
Multiplayer Test v1.10
MB (53,343,414 bytes)
multiple mirrors available.
The Red Faction Multiplayer Test v1.10 is now available. It includes two 16-player
Deathmatch levels as well as two 16-player Capture the Flag maps. Please note
that this is a technology Test and not a fully-featured demo.
- Initial Test Release
- Added new CTF level, "Blasted Canyon" (ctf01demo).
- Added several new CTF status messages for caps, pickups, etc.
- Added player IP addresses to "info" server display.
- Added modified "info" display for clients.
- Added "ban" and "ban_ip" server console commands.
- Added "LAN only" checkbox to Multi/Create/Options, also to the Servers screen. LAN vs. THQMultiplay (Internet) games are now 100% distinct.
- Reworked reliable packet layer to help reduce overall latency for critical game events. Should improve problems with people being arbitrarily kicked from a server or timeouts when joining.
- Reworked code related to weapon switching, item respawning/pickups, and CTF gameplay.
- Made framerate optimizations and eliminated some hitching problems.
- Fixed handheld remote charge rendering bug.
- Fixed item pickup bug in large games.
- Fixed bug where newly respawned players would appear to stand still, then teleport on other client machines.
- Fixed flamethrower vs. dedicated server bug.
- Fixed general flamethrower damage problem.
- Fixed flakiness with ~ console toggle key.
- Fixed "name" and "kick" commands to properly work with capital letters.
- Minor weapons tweaks.
All efforts are made to screen files for malicious content.
However, these files are provided by outside parties not
affiliated with Blue's News, and no support, warranty,
or help can be offered. Please address any issues to individual
Copyright © 1996-2019 Stephen Heaslip.
All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective
Blue's News design: 2 Design