Note: Other websites,
please link to this page, rather than the files directly. Thanks.
Castle Wolfenstein Linux Multi-Player Demo Client (no media)
MB (4,543,078 bytes)
multiple mirrors available.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein Multiplayer DEMO
- two installers are distributed:
This is the full installer. If you are setting up a dedicated
server for Return To Castle Wolfenstein Multiplayer DEMO, or
if you want to play the demo and you don't have the files
from the Windows version of the Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Multiplayer DEMO, this is what you should download.
This is a smaller installer if you have already downloaded
the Return To Castle Wolfenstein Multiplayer DEMO for win32
after running this installer you will need to copy manually
the demomain/pak0.pk3 file (or symlink it from your win32
e284a20e36defdcdb388ec02673c1c02 pak0.pk3 (65503623 bytes)
Once installed, you run the game with 'wolfmpdemo'. Or use
'wolfmpdemo.ded' for the dedicated server.
- see WhatsNew.html for general game changes
- see CHANGES for linux changes
How to get help and report issues:
- A FAQ with known issues and information about the linux
binaries of Wolfenstein Multiplayer Test will be maintained
at the following address:
- If your problem is not described in the FAQ, look for help on
the linux forum on Quake3World:
- As a last resort, email me to report your problem:
Linux-specific changes for Wolf MP Demo, version 1.1-MP:
- demo installs in /usr/local/games/wolfenstein-mpdemo
- preparation for SP landing: MP uses .mp. in the .so names
- fixed process hanging if launched with ttycon but non-interactive
(typical situation: xqf&)
- the binary opens URLs through the openurl.sh script, which you
can customize according to your own browser settings. Default will
spawn netscape, you can override per-user with a ~/.wolf/openurl.sh
All efforts are made to screen files for malicious content.
However, these files are provided by outside parties not
affiliated with Blue's News, and no support, warranty,
or help can be offered. Please address any issues to individual
© 2001 Stephen Heaslip. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
News script copyright © 2001 James
"furn" Furness & Blue's News.
All rights reserved.
News design: 2 Design