Note: Other websites,
please link to this page, rather than the files directly. Thanks.
||Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars
v1.02 to v1.03 Patch
KB (631,955 bytes)
multiple mirrors available.
There is one major issue with the patch. If you apply the patch,
existing saved games will no longer work. This is due to the formatting
change we made to handle the ability to overwrite existing saved
games. So those of you far along in a campaign, it's up to you whether
or not you want to install the patch or wait until you finish the
One of the big additions we made, something that people have been
asking for, was the ability to purchase troop transports in multiplayer
games. This will help immensely in those Conquest and Domination
All gamers playing Dominion Wars should install this patch. Here
is what the patch fixes:
- Warp 2 Captains with level 9 & 10 skill ratings will now import
properly into Dominion Wars
- The Launch game problem when playing multiplayer over Gamespy has
been corrected. Now the game will wait for slow systems to join
- Players will no longer be able to gain additional credits in
Multiplayer games by changing their race selection
- Multiplayer Find the Founder map 2 now works for 2 players
- Multiplayer game Attack/Defend Starbase has been changed to a 4
player map with each player protecting his/her own DS9 and attacking
the others. Once selecting this game, the host needs to set slots 3 &
4 to "closed" then back to "open" in order to refresh the game at the
- Multiplayer synch problems have been dramatically reduced
- Multiplayer performance has been improved
- Game will no longer crash to the desktop when transporting
crewmembers after loading from a saved game
- Captains will now retain their experience while progressing through
a campaign after being loaded from saved games
- Dominion Mission 2 no longer fails if the player takes over the
K'Tinga with the Founder on it
- Ship AI has been improved on Dominion Mission 3
- On Dominion Missions 3 & 5, when a waypoint is reached, an "X" now
registers on the mini-map
- The graphic bars for captain's experience now increase properly when
the captain gains more experience
- Using the CTRL+1-8 ship grouping now focuses the camera on the
selected group when the Strategy view is selected
- The player is now rewarded for capturing enemy ships during campaign
missions by gaining additional credits
- The objective completion message is now displayed properly on
Federation Mission 5 when Riker is brought to the exit point
- Federation Mission 10 enemies are more aggressive and numerous.
This mission is now more epic in scope (think "Second Wind" -- the
retaking of DS9)
All efforts are made to screen files for malicious content.
However, these files are provided by outside parties not
affiliated with Blue's News, and no support, warranty,
or help can be offered. Please address any issues to individual
© 2001 Stephen Heaslip. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
News script copyright © 2001 James
"furn" Furness & Blue's News.
All rights reserved.
News design: 2 Design