Name: Bryan Dube
Project: Quake 4
So, whats happening in the world of Sof2 multiplayer you ask? Well, hopefully this
will answer that question. First we would like to address some of the bigger known
issues that Raven is actively trying to resolve. These are by no means the only issues
we are looking at, but instead the larger issues. When a patch is released a full
list of changes made will be released along with it as well as updated mod source.
It seems that some people are having issues playing online due to this message. We
are actively looking into this problem and ask that anyone who receives this
problem send us and email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their ip address and the time
of day that it occurred. With that info we can try to figure out why your cdkey is
being listed as invalid.
* Linux RMG Issues
We are narrowing down on this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.
* Demo Recording
Seems that you cannot play back a recorded demo right now, this is also top on the
list of things to resolve.
* BAN LIMITATIONS
The current banning system has a few flaws which is making it hard to admin friendly
fire servers. We are currently working on improving this system.
* CHEAT PROTECTION
Raven will soon be taking measures to help keep sof2 as cheat free as possible, more
information on this to come.
Along with bug fixes we will also be adding some new content as well. This content will
include the demolition (someone set us up the bomb) gametype which is a nice alternative
to infiltration and allow servers to change it up a bit. Along with this gametype we
will also be including a few new Raven made maps, at least one which will support the new
demolition gametype. This is the first installment of new content for Sof2 multiplayer
from Raven and im sure will be a welcome addition.
As if that werent enough we are also working on integrated voice communications. This
should make the process of using voice communication in sof2 a much easier process. More
details will be released on this when its becomes available for use.
One more thing that will be added is a MODS menu which will list the installed mods and
allow for easy transition to them.
Last I would like to mention the forums and the bug report email address that have been
set up. We are actively reading the forums, responding to issues, and writing down
suggestions for improvements as well as supporing the quickly growing mod community. The
email address (which i mentioned previously) has been setup as a way to send bug reports
for multiplayer to us.
Well, this is my first plan update so why not make it a big one. Since the Sof2 test was
release and we have recieved a few hundred emails with suggestions and comments for
improvements. The following is a list of what has been fixed, changed, and or updated
since the test build was made available. Note, this does not mean we are releasing a
patch for the test, instead its simply an update to let everyone know what we have been up to.
- run animations revamped to help eliminate foot sliding
- new lean animations added
- fixed bug that prevented you from seeing yourself type a chat message
- server option to disable specifc votes
- now says who killed you above scoreboard after dying
- added affirmative and negative radio messages
- thermal and nightvision goggles are now visible on players
- flags and briefcase show up as icons now in radar
- added "knife" keyword to "weaptoggle" command
- "weaptoggle" command now accepts a single parameter (ie, weaptoggle primary)
- sort columns on server browser fixed
- password protected column added to the server browser
- server browser screen enlarged to allow more info to be displayed
- flashbang cheat fixed
- grenade timer reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
- flame grenade effect now more accurately represents the damage area
- can no longer easily stand on another players head
- should not be able to identify enemies in deathmatch through walls
- when hitting esc after connecting to a full server you will be placed back into the joinserver screen.
- fast weapon switch option added to allow weapon switching without the menu
- players in deathmatch now start with full armor
- all bullet weapons now do a bit more damage
- client command added to switch back to last used weapon (weaplast)
- can now lean 25% further
- can no longer more forward or backward when leaning (but can still strafe)
- footstep sound volume increased
- when ghosting you can now see the team identifier icons
- server command added to allow admins to cancel a vote (cancelvote)
- new lean button added that when held down will allow strafe right and left to act as lean right and left
- more gore and an option to control how much
- dropped guns dont all point in the same direction now
- can now set how many decals are in the world at once (rather than time based)
- server side cvars added to help prevent radio spamming
- thrown knives no longer stop the helicopter rotors
- scoreboard will now come up alot faster
- dead status of players on the scoreboard will now update alot faster
- option added to have bodies stay around for the entire round in infiltration and elimination
- can no longer call vote to kick someone if there is nobody on the server with that name
- thrown knives no longer dismember
- server side cvar added to turn off additional scoring for ctf and infiltration game modes
- no longer switch to dead players when cycling through players to follow
- bug which would show zero ammo and the wrong weapon in the hud is fixed
- blood effects revamped
- anti-teamkill system added
- pause that would happen when someone joined a server has been fixed
- autorun is turned off when you die now
- shadows should no longer clip through walls
- dead bodies now have shadows
- can now see team scores and fps on the hud at the same time
- can no give a reason when using the "clientkick" command
- server option added to help prevent vote spamming
- barrel bug/cheat on mp_shop rooftop fixed
- death messages now have the names color coded for easier idenfication of who died
- double briefcase bug fixed
- falling through wall bug fixed
- can now disable auto-reload
- vote yes and vote no are now bindable in the menu
- extendtime command added to server
- server can no disable all weapons all the way down to just knives
- accuracy reduced when jumping
- fixed bug that would cause grenades to no alwasy kill you when you hold them too long
- fixed bug that would prevent grenades from falling and exploding after being killed one one armed
- message of the day should now show up when connecting to a server
- added extra clip to M1911A1
- players will momentairly catch on fire when hit by a fire grenade
- players will have burn marks on them after being hit in a grenade blast
- fixed some of the spawn points that were in walls
- "escape with briefcase" bug fixed
- g_inactivity is now archived
- should no longer spawn near the other team in infiltration or elimination
- rcon no longer stops working over time
- can no longer lean into walls to see through them
- and more that we couldnt remember....
Copyright © Square
Eight 1998-2016. All Rights Reserved.
The BlueTracker is provided by Webdog.
We are not responsible for the content of the .plans displayed here.