Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

G.O.L.D. - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

GameSpot is reporting S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, GSC Game World's long-in-development first-person shooter, is now complete. Word is the game will ship in March, and the Spot notes that online retailers are listing a March 20 release date.

View
68 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Older [ 1 2 3 4 ] Newer >

1. Wow Mar 2, 2007, 10:58 MMORPGHoD

About time. How many of the originally touted features were left off?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:00 Slink

They actually changed the name. The new name is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadows of a Former Good Game.

WoW: Darsius (Earthen Ring) / GW: Denarr Trueblade / BF2: Slinky317 / CoH: Spectris (Justice)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

3. Re: Wow Mar 2, 2007, 11:00 mOOzilla

Who cares my money is already spend on other games

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

4. Demo? Mar 2, 2007, 11:02 Eye 4N Eye

I hope they put out a Demo for this so we can see whats left in and whats left out of the game.  
Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

5. Still kick ass Mar 2, 2007, 11:02 Cheese

Yeah i tried the multi demo and im impressed, I dont think they have half the features they originally planned but whats there still outpaces ordinary shooters by a mile.

this will be great i predict

6. No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:07 fujiJuice

This is interesting, considering FilePlanet still has a "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Beta Coming Soon" headline.

7. Re: Wow Mar 2, 2007, 11:16 Wildone

LOL

8. No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:18 Jim

I. D.O.N.'.T. B.E.L.I.E.V.E. I.T.

I'll wait for the reviews, as apparently they don't seem to be interested in releasing a DEMO.

Jim

9. Re: Still kick ass Mar 2, 2007, 11:20 MMORPGHoD

Yeah i tried the multi demo and im impressed, I dont think they have half the features they originally planned but whats there still outpaces ordinary shooters by a mile

How does S.T.A.L.K.E.R. compare with F.E.A.R. other than the use of P.E.R.I.O.D.S. ?

10. Re: Still kick ass Mar 2, 2007, 11:22 SquirrelZero

I'll wait for the reviews, as apparently they don't seem to be interested in releasing a DEMO.

In one of the print magazines here, it scored a 90/100.

11. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:23 nin

I. D.O.N.'.T. B.E.L.I.E.V.E. I.T.

Yeah, holy shit. Signs of the apocalypse...

edit: What next, DNF?

-----------------------------------------------------
http://yearzero.nin.com/
www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 11:23.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

12. No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:27 Hump

WOOHOO!

shit, I hope they continue the MP beta until release.

completely randomized AI snd events: It didn't lend itself to telling a story. Vehicles: something about a problem with the creature AI not being able to handle pathing around vehicles etc. In the end they found that the vehicles really didn't contribute all that much to the gameplay anyhow. If the code is still there I'm sure some skilled modder will get them back in. Co-OP: this was cut really early but people still bitch about it to this day.

Theres a few other minor items but the game is still essentially what they wanted from the beginning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.
This comment was edited on Mar 2, 11:32.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:32 Jules

Pre Ordered.

14. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:32 Lorcin

Didn't they say they'll start work on the demo when the game is complete?

Should be out about 2010

Vegetarian Logic: We'll save animals by eating their food

15. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:36 Elf Shot The Food

MP beta is okay, but nothing mind-blowing: MP is basically CounterStrike, where you have to buy weapons.

It looks pretty good (but not cutting-edge), although you'll need a high-end system to get the best eye-candy to performance ratio. Runs well on lesser systems if you're willing to sacrifice some visual effects for the sake of performance.

16. No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:48 Cabezone

I really like the way the game looks and plays, cept for the head bob. HL2 and Stalker are good example of what an art team can do with 7 years of dev time, even with an engine that is behind the times.

"There's always money in the banana stand." - George Sr.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

17. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2007, 12:08 Quboid

Agreed fujiJuice, it's concerning that it's gone gold, but the beta isn't even available yet. Is this an admission that it's shipping in alpha condition?

Quboid

18. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2007, 12:10 MeatForce

I dunno how I feel about this....

On the one hand, I'm extremely curious to see how this one turned out (and if I had to guess, I'd wager it's going to be quite good, actually)..

On the other hand, I haven't turned on my PC for gaming in literally months, and the thought of playing something with so much content without my trusty sofa beneath me scares the living bejeebers out of me!

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

19. Re: Wow Mar 2, 2007, 12:10 Jim

Well, I guess we can start that list by saying The Moon

Really, the biggest things I'm interested in seeing here (besides good gameplay) are 1) Wide-open, non-linear environments (HL2 was still too linear to me), and 2) blow-uppable environments (or environment at least as interactive a HL2's).

Jim

20. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2007, 12:14 MindTrigger

I haven't bought a damn thing since buying WoW a year ago, so I will be picking this one up. I've been watching it for years like most of you and it's just one I have to play through in single player.

The important thing is, Quake Wars grows closer each passing day

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

68 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Older [ 1 2 3 4 ] Newer >

footer

Blue's News logo