7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

No subject
May 29, 2021, 10:14
No subject May 29, 2021, 10:14
May 29, 2021, 10:14

jdreyer wrote on May 29, 2021, 00:08:
The Flying Penguin wrote on May 26, 2021, 11:24:
Just beat him, after getting my ass kicked several times, but it's actually a bit of a cheat. Eventually I'll need to go back and try to beat him fair and square.

I had already built a treehouse with high comfort adjacent to his spawn, to use as a forward base to flatten the area, and to contain a portal for a quick return after death, and to eventually use as a staging area for raiding crypts in the vicinity.

I surrounded the base of the treehouse with stone walls and summoned him. The wall held him off for a short while, but he eventually smashed it. However, it looks like there's a bug in the game where over a certain height, he can't reach you with poison. If I stood on the next lower landing of the stairs he could still reach me, but from the top I was out of his reach. He tore up the bottom area of the treehouse, but the top was safe, leaving me to keep shooting frost arrows at him until he died, and then I jumped down and did cleanup on the creatures he summoned.

If you're curious, I posted a video here. I recorded it thinking I would die spectacularly and have a great video to show for it: https://youtu.be/R-EPuXmbnwE

Cool vid. Congrats. I have a tree house in the swamp, but only palisades, no stone. Probably doesn't matter though. I was using iron arrows, and they did almost no damage. I assumed arrows were useless against him, but I'll try frost. My plan was to craft an iron mace and use that, but admittedly I haven't logged in for a few weeks. I picked up Death Stranding and have been playing that, along with some other games with the kids.
With these immensely “over powered” “over healthed” bosses sometimes there’s not much you can do besides cheese*.
@ The Flying Penguin, thanks for the vid

*I’m not using cheese in a bad way or derogatorily.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

No subject
May 29, 2021, 00:08
No subject May 29, 2021, 00:08
May 29, 2021, 00:08

The Flying Penguin wrote on May 26, 2021, 11:24:
Just beat him, after getting my ass kicked several times, but it's actually a bit of a cheat. Eventually I'll need to go back and try to beat him fair and square.

I had already built a treehouse with high comfort adjacent to his spawn, to use as a forward base to flatten the area, and to contain a portal for a quick return after death, and to eventually use as a staging area for raiding crypts in the vicinity.

I surrounded the base of the treehouse with stone walls and summoned him. The wall held him off for a short while, but he eventually smashed it. However, it looks like there's a bug in the game where over a certain height, he can't reach you with poison. If I stood on the next lower landing of the stairs he could still reach me, but from the top I was out of his reach. He tore up the bottom area of the treehouse, but the top was safe, leaving me to keep shooting frost arrows at him until he died, and then I jumped down and did cleanup on the creatures he summoned.

If you're curious, I posted a video here. I recorded it thinking I would die spectacularly and have a great video to show for it: https://youtu.be/R-EPuXmbnwE

Cool vid. Congrats. I have a tree house in the swamp, but only palisades, no stone. Probably doesn't matter though. I was using iron arrows, and they did almost no damage. I assumed arrows were useless against him, but I'll try frost. My plan was to craft an iron mace and use that, but admittedly I haven't logged in for a few weeks. I picked up Death Stranding and have been playing that, along with some other games with the kids.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

No subject
May 26, 2021, 11:24
No subject May 26, 2021, 11:24
May 26, 2021, 11:24

- "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

No subject
May 19, 2021, 21:43
No subject May 19, 2021, 21:43
May 19, 2021, 21:43

The Flying Penguin wrote on May 19, 2021, 18:41:
Thx.

Yeah, since I posted I found a MUCH larger swamp on another land mass that has 5 -10 crypts (still working my way thought them) and I finally did find a runes stone for Bonemass.

Yeah, I've read up on him. He sounds like a bitch. Read some guides with suggested tactics.
Yeah, I've made two attempts at him with no luck. Was trying to do it without guides, but I think I'll go watch some, because it's just taking too long.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

No subject
May 19, 2021, 18:41
No subject May 19, 2021, 18:41
May 19, 2021, 18:41

Thx.

Yeah, since I posted I found a MUCH larger swamp on another land mass that has 5 -10 crypts (still working my way thought them) and I finally did find a runes stone for Bonemass.

Yeah, I've read up on him. He sounds like a bitch. Read some guides with suggested tactics.
- "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Re: Swamp question for Valheim players
May 19, 2021, 17:15
Re: Swamp question for Valheim players May 19, 2021, 17:15
May 19, 2021, 17:15

The Flying Penguin wrote on May 13, 2021, 11:56:
Are sunken crypts rare? I have discovered two large swamp biomes so far, including the one with the swamp introduction runestone, but only found one crypt so far, and that didn't contain the runestone that unlocks Bonemass' location.

Don't thing there's any more swamps left on the primary landmass so getting ready for a major tour of the world's coastlines in my boat.
I've found about three different swamps. The first one only had one or two crypts, but the other two had five or six each. I had no swamps on my main island, I had to find them via karve. Runestones are pretty common, either outside or inside the crypt.

The problem I'm having right now is fighting Bonemass. He's much more difficult than the other bosses for a couple of reasons (spoilers) first he regenerates, and second he generates minions. So I need to figure that out before I can proceed into the plains biome.

Swamp question for Valheim players
May 13, 2021, 11:56
Swamp question for Valheim players May 13, 2021, 11:56
May 13, 2021, 11:56

Are sunken crypts rare? I have discovered two large swamp biomes so far, including the one with the swamp introduction runestone, but only found one crypt so far, and that didn't contain the runestone that unlocks Bonemass' location.

Don't thing there's any more swamps left on the primary landmass so getting ready for a major tour of the world's coastlines in my boat.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older